Monday 11 December 2017

thoughts on.........

thoughts on saturday 21st October (1995?) 23:39
this time last night I was at Stomps. after 1 small bottle of kiwi lemon 20/20 1 litre of boss super cider & moving my room around a bit.

left Stomps - quite drunk went to Silver Fir Tree club on Chapeltown Rd. seemed okay. Danced a little, chatted, then outside I think I got chased by a number of women - I ran & fell over. Kinda saw some faces & felt being kicked - not fully sure image stays in my memory of my hand being covered in blood.

there were people - police - ambulance don't remember - breathing mask. All a blur really. On a bed, trolley doctor & nurse stitching my face up Was taken to a bed in Ward 28. Slept, woke got up, dressed and discharged myself they got me a free taxi. Got to St Mary's Rd - called on Lucy & Finlay - in the middle of the night - fin gave me spare keys for #3 - couldn't get the door unlocked so I went round the back. smashed kitchen window climbed in & went to bed.

Got up at 4/5pm bad head - aches & pains. bruised ribs - bruised coccys (base of spine). pulled a clump of hair out - its all dry & clogged with blood. knee scraped elbow chewed up. Jaw painful both sides mostly on right side where jawbone joins skull.

its mega painful to move - requiring slow definite movements helped by hands lifting main bulk.

I think about what I lost

  • I think of the people who did this to me. How we shall meet on the bus, or in the street. They will prob recognize me I won't them tho suspicion will flare. 
  • my denim jacket: given by Gals. in the pockets - right: pen, blank lottery ticket, keys to flat/house in key holder 'Harley Davidson'. Left: 2 tapes, 1 back to the planet, 2 can't remember. tobacco, rizlas, lighter from dad.
  • taken from my jeans (must've been 'shaken down'): wallet containing £10 + or -, timesaver BBBS ATM card, library ticket, leisure card, photo of me with Ginny & Duncans address - in back pocket, right. Front left - 2 batteries. In back pocket, left: condoms.
  • shirt pocket - Alba £4.99 personal hifi - containing 'Blue Murder' and 'Bon Jovi 'Keep the Faith' tape and panasonic headphones. 
 Saturday watched Discovery - half asleep. phoned Ward 28, found contacts here. feel much better after a sleep. phoning fin &  tiding up most of the glass a bath. a meal. lasagne etc. 19:33 sunday 22.10.95

4am the carnival of remembrance cavorts on.wake - never slept - fitful dozing after page 402 of Needful Things (Stephen King). That Clash song from Sandinista "somebody got murdered" 'small stain on the pavement' thinking of my blood on the street someplace a phone call - a passing patrol car - another or rather the penultimate dogend.

the cuts, the grazes, the ache, the pain, the loss, apprehension, being ripped off. someone prob. will be wearing my jacket or its discarded, ripped bloody a denim rag clogging up a drain.

someone got stabbed hereabouts - 1 week ago outside the Hayfield.

 I guess it was incredibly stoopid going  to a mostly black bar. Won't go again tho have a perverted sense of wishing to go back 'n' ask questions, questions - as if the answers would justify any of it. how could anything i did merit what happened - this is indeed doubtful.

No comments: